“TOGETHER WE SHINE”
At St. Stephen’s Infant School we strive to provide a broad and balanced education for all children in our care. We aim to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment in which all children can grow in self-esteem to reach their full potential.
In particular we aim, by learning together, to:
- Develop a love of learning and a desire to continue building on skills and knowledge throughout our lives. Make learning fun.
- Teach children to think for themselves and develop an enquiring mind by providing a safe and secure environment.
- Encourage emotional development through the support and care shown by others in school. Nurture.
- Encourage mutual respect. Help people to learn to live together in a community, showing sensitivity to the differences between each other. Culturally and morally inclusive.
- Help all children to become responsible independent people who are able to look at and think deeply about the world around them, preparing them for life in modern Britain.
- Widen experiences in order to raise aspirations.
- Involve parents as partners in learning and work together as a team.
Our vision and values have been developed with our children, parents, staff and governors – September 2014